Keith Rieger is the founder and event director of KonaFive - racing the Kona Ironman 5 days in a row, back to back. Tune in for his training and racing tips for ultra triathlons, and to hear what the KonaFive is all about. Plus, as an Xterra Trail Running World Champion, he also shares his best triathlon running advice.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU'LL LEARN ABOUT:
- KonaFive - training for and racing the Hawaii Ironman five days in a row
- How you don't need to be super human or even train that much to get into ultra triathlons
- Keith's typical training week when preparing for KonaFive
- Ultra triathlon racing tips: pacing, nutrition, and sleep
- Using eggs in smoothies and oatmeal
- One-size doesn't fit all when it comes to hydration. Take Precision Hydration's FREE sweat test and learn how you should hydrate. Use the discount code THATTRIATHLONSHOW for 15% off any products.
- The ultimate triathlon bikes, using technology from fighter jets and Formula One race cars. Easier to build, pack, and travel with than any other tri bike. Get 110% of the value of your old bike towards the purchase of a new Ventum bike.
LINKS AND RESOURCES: