Monique Ryan is a registered dietitian nutritionist (RDN), author of the book "Sports Nutrition for Endurance Athletes", and has been a member of the Performance Enhancement Team for both USA Triathlon and USA Cycling. She has a wealth of experience from working with both age-groupers and elites at the very top.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU'LL LEARN ABOUT:
- Common mistakes endurance athletes make with their nutrition (other than the things we already know about not eating enough veggies and too much processed food...)
- Is there a place for "labeled" or "named" diets in endurance sports nutrition
- Hydration - do we drink too much, too little, or just right?
- Supplements and deficiencies in endurance athletes
- Special considerations for females, masters athletes, vegetarians and vegans
- One-size doesn't fit all when it comes to hydration. Take Precision Hydration's FREE sweat test and learn how you should hydrate. Use the discount code THATTRIATHLONSHOW for 15% off any products.
- The new online home of shopping the best triathlon products in the world to great prices. Ships worldwide, and you won't find better customer service anywhere. Brands include Garmin, Stages Power, Café du cycliste, Zipp, Mako, Zone3, Hoka One One to name a few.
LINKS AND RESOURCES: