Karen Smyers is a coach, speaker and retired world class triathlete who raced professionally until age 49! She has won three World Championship titles, both ITU and Ironman, and placed in the top-5 and top-10 in Kona several times still in her 40s. Here she shares how she stayed so competitive in her 40s.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU'LL LEARN ABOUT:
- Karen's inspirational story, which has plenty of trials and tribulations
- How she trained to stay competitive in her 40s
- Advice for masters athletes who want to perform in triathlon, but also balance a career and family
- Karen's thoughts on recovery, strength training, and nutrition for masters athletes
- Being named "The triathlete most likely to be eaten by a sharkat the Sydney Olympics" by Sports Illustrated
- One-size doesn't fit all when it comes to hydration. Take Precision Hydration's FREE sweat test and learn how you should hydrate. Use the discount code THATTRIATHLONSHOW for 15% off any products.
- The new online home of shopping the best triathlon products in the world to great prices. Ships worldwide, and you won't find better customer service anywhere. Brands include Garmin, Stages Power, Café du cycliste, Zipp, Mako, Zone3, Hoka One One to name a few.
LINKS AND RESOURCES: