Roger Schmitz of Moxy, discusses next-generation physiological measurements for endurance athletes: muscle oxygen saturation, SmO2. This can already be done today at testing facilities or day to day in all training sessions, with the small and handy Moxy device.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU'LL LEARN ABOUT:
- Why measuring SmO2 to establish training zones and use in real-time is physiologically the most direct way to know what's happening in your body at different intensities any given day
- How using SmO2 and Moxy is different from traditional lactate testing or metabolic testing
- How using the Moxy device has helped athletes massively increase the number of intervals they can do in high-intensity workouts
- Measuring SmO2 to determine your exact your physiological limiters - oxygen delivery, utilisation or even cardiac or respiratory function
- One-size doesn't fit all when it comes to hydration. Take Precision Hydration's FREE sweat test and learn how you should hydrate. Use the discount code THATTRIATHLONSHOW for 15% off any products.
- The ultimate triathlon bikes, using technology from fighter jets and Formula One race cars. Easier to build, pack, and travel with than any other tri bike. Get 110% of the value of your old bike towards the purchase of a new Ventum bike.
LINKS AND RESOURCES: