Mike Ricci is one of the most successful coaches out there when it comes to age-group triathletes, and has been awarded USAT Coach of the Year. We discuss his thoughts and principles on effective triathlon training for age-groupers.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU'LL LEARN ABOUT:
- Quality over quantity in triathlon training
- Balancing training with a career and family
- Why taking weeks off in the off-season traditional base building may be counterproductive for age-group triathletes
- Beginner triathletes - what to focus on in training, and how to reduce overwhelm
- Tips for moving up to your first 70.3 or Ironman
- "Leveling up" and becoming competitive in your age-group
- One-size doesn't fit all when it comes to hydration. Take Precision Hydration's FREE sweat test and learn how you should hydrate. Use the discount code THATTRIATHLONSHOW for 15% off any products.
- The new online home of shopping the best triathlon products in the world to great prices. Ships worldwide, and you won't find better customer service anywhere. Brands include Garmin, Stages Power, Café du cycliste, Zipp, Mako, Zone3, Hoka One One to name a few.
LINKS AND RESOURCES: