Thomas Hughes, PhD, discusses running form and biomechanics for triathletes. To optimize your running performance and reduce injury risk, he believes you do not need to learn to run. You just need to teach your body to learn to run. Part 2 of 2.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU'LL LEARN ABOUT:
- Running cadence - why you should run at 180 steps per minute or faster
- Running shoes - how do different kinds of shoes (maximalist, minimalist and everything in-between) affect our running mechanics, and what kinds of shoes should you choose.
- Barefoot running
- Tom's take on the Pose method, Chi running, and various running devices
- One-size doesn't fit all when it comes to hydration. Take Precision Hydration's FREE sweat test and learn how you should hydrate. Use the discount code THATTRIATHLONSHOW and get your first box for free!
- The Stac Zero is the world's quitest bike trainer. No noise and no tire wear, since it doesn't even touch the tire! It is also very portable and affordable. Even more so when using the discount code TTS20 for 20% off when you buy your Stac Zero (any of the models).
LINKS AND RESOURCES: