Mental skills coach and sports psychologist Carrie Cheadle discusses the emotional and mental challenges of dealing with injury, and how triathletes can make the most of their forced time out if injury strikes.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU'LL LEARN ABOUT:
* Adjusting triathlon goals and making new injury recovery goals
* Visualization to get healthy and improve performance once you're back racing
* How breathing exercises and meditation to manage stress can speed up recovery
* The importance of acceptance of the situation SHOWNOTES: https://scientifictriathlon.com/tts118/
SPONSORS: Precision Hydration
- One-size doesn't fit all when it comes to hydration. Take Precision Hydration's FREE sweat test and learn how you should hydrate. Use the discount code THATTRIATHLONSHOW and get your first box for free! Stac
- The Stac Zero is the world's quietest bike trainer. No noise and no tire wear, since it doesn't even touch the tire! It is also very portable and affordable. Even more so when using the discount code TTS20 for 20% off when you buy your Stac Zero (any of the models).