A research-based review of nutrition, including overall energy intake, energy balance, and macronutrients (fat, protein and carbs) for endurance athletes. Part one of two.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU'LL LEARN ABOUT:
- Energy balance
- Energy availability (you may be cutting yourself short even if intake equals energy expenditure)
- How the body uses different ratios of carbs and fats to fuel endurance performances
- Why you need to be a carb AND fat burner!
- Carbohydrate for endurance athletes
- One-size doesn't fit all when it comes to hydration. Take Precision Hydration's FREE sweat test and learn how you should hydrate. Use the discount code THATTRIATHLONSHOW for 15% off any products.
- The ultimate triathlon bikes, using technology from fighter jets and Formula One race cars. Easier to build, pack, and travel with than any other tri bike. Get 110% of the value of your old bike towards the purchase of a new Ventum bike.
LINKS AND RESOURCES: