Chris Myers, PhD, discusses planning your triathlon training on a macro level and training periodisation. Whichever plan you choose, you need a plan for your training on a macro level, and have an idea of how your training will evolve over the timespan of at least a season.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU'LL LEARN ABOUT:
- The importance of big picture/macro planning of triathlon training
- Different training periodisation methodologies
- Whether certain kinds of periodisation are more suited for certain types of athletes or events
- When do you need to change your plan?
- Does periodisation really work or are we just assuming that it works?
- One-size doesn't fit all when it comes to hydration. Take Precision Hydration's FREE sweat test and learn how you should hydrate. Use the discount code THATTRIATHLONSHOW and get your first box for free!
- The ultimate triathlon bikes, using technology from fighter jets and Formula One race cars. Easier to build, pack, and travel with than any other tri bike. Get 110% of the value of your old bike towards the purchase of a new Ventum bike.
LINKS AND RESOURCES: