What do we know from science about training to improve three of the greatest determinants of running performance; VO2max, the aerobic threshold, and running economy? This episode is about hard evidence from training intervention studies, not anecdotal evidence and best practises.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU'LL LEARN ABOUT:
- The impact of training volume, threshold training, VO2max training, and more, on VO2max
- What works best for improving the aerobic threshold? Trainingbelow the aerobic threshold, at the aerobic threshold, or at the anaerobic threshold or VO2max?
- Does training volume, high-intensity interval training, and strength training improve running economy?
- One-size doesn't fit all when it comes to hydration. Take Precision Hydration's FREE sweat test and learn how you should hydrate. Use the discount code THATTRIATHLONSHOW for 15% off any products.
- The new online home of shopping the best triathlon products in the world to great prices. Ships worldwide, and you won't find better customer service anywhere. Brands include Garmin, Stages Power, Café du cycliste, Zipp, Mako, Zone3, Hoka One One to name a few.
LINKS AND RESOURCES: