Info

That Triathlon Show

The one triathlon show focusing on practical and actionable advice that you can use in your own triathlon training and racing. New episodes are released twice per week. The episode types are interview episodes with the greatest and smartest people in triathlon and endurance sports, and solo episodes with host Mikael Eriksson where you'll learn tactics and strategies you can apply in your triathlon training and racing, and all things swim, bike and run. All episodes, both interview and solo episodes, are produced with the goal in mind of giving age-group triathletes actionable advice. That Triathlon Show is brought to you by www.scientifictriathlon.com and is hosted by Mikael Eriksson. Learn more about That Triathlon Show at www.scientifictriathlon.com/podcast/
RSS Feed Subscribe in Apple Podcasts
That Triathlon Show
2020
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January


2019
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January


2018
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January


2017
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February


Categories

All Episodes
Archives
Categories
Now displaying: Page 1
Oct 22, 2018

Research has shown that cyclists, runners, triathletes, and other endurance athletes improve the most when they consistently do 80 percent of their training at low intensity and the other 20 percent at a moderate to high intensity. Matt Fitzgerald, co-author of the new book "80/20 Triathlon" explains what 80/20 training is all about and answer commonly asked questions.

 

IN THIS EPISODE YOU'LL LEARN ABOUT:

-What Matt would put on a t-shirt if he had to distill 80/20 Triathlon down to a very short and concise slogan

-The proper planning and the proper execution of 80/20 training

-Is there "wiggle room" in the 80/20 percentages?

-Should you apply 80/20 within each discipline or simply across all your training?

-The most common mistake age-groupers make: not executing the easy training easy enough

-How is easy, moderate, and high intensity percentages calculated?

-The difference between 80/20 training and polarised training

-What to do with the 20% of moderate to high intensity

 

SHOWNOTES:

https://scientifictriathlon.com/tts104/

 

THAT TRIATHLON SHOW HOMEPAGE:

www.thattriathlonshow.com

 

SPONSORS:

Precision Hydration - One-size doesn't fit all when it comes to hydration. Take Precision Hydration's FREE sweat test and learn how you should hydrate. Use the discount code THATTRIATHLONSHOW and get your first box for free!

 

Stac - The Stac Zero is the world's quietest bike trainer. No noise and no tire wear, since it doesn't even touch the tire! It is also very portable and affordable. Even more so when using the discount code TTS20 for 20% off when you buy your Stac bike trainer (any of the models).  

 

LINKS AND RESOURCES:

 

RATE AND REVIEW:

If you enjoy the show, please help me out by subscribing, rating and reviewing: www.scientifictriathlon.com/rate/

 

CONTACT:

Want to send feedback, questions or just chat? Email me at mikael@scientifictriathlon.com or connect on Twitter - my handle is @SciTriat.

0 Comments
Adding comments is not available at this time.