Jonathan is the author of Your Best Stride, former editor of Running Times, running coach, and lifelong runner. In Your Best Stride, he discusses running form and biomechanics, and his search for common ground among the world's top coaches, biomechanical researchers, physicians, and physical therapists.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU'LL LEARN ABOUT:
* Is there such a thing as a right way to run?
* Hip flexibility, glute strength and inhibition - the top reasons preventing runners from achieving their best running form
* The few form cues that are actually worth using in your running
* Everyday habits and how they affect running form
* Is a high cadence really all that necessary?
* What's the experts' consensus on running shoes? SHOWNOTES: https://scientifictriathlon.com/tts116/
SPONSORS: Precision Hydration
- One-size doesn't fit all when it comes to hydration. Take Precision Hydration's FREE sweat test and learn how you should hydrate. Use the discount code THATTRIATHLONSHOW and get your first box for free! Stac
- The Stac Zero is the world's quitest bike trainer. No noise and no tire wear, since it doesn't even touch the tire! It is also very portable and affordable. Even more so when using the discount code TTS20 for 20% off when you buy your Stac Zero (any of the models).