Stacy Sims, PhD, discusses female-specific considerations for training, nutrition, hydration and recovery. Women are not small men, so whether it's training or nutrition, you should be aware of these important differences compared to the male college students that are typically research subjects in endurancesports.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU'LL LEARN ABOUT:
- Training, nutrition, hydration and recovery differences between men and women
- How to change your training and nutrition with your menstrualcycle
- How too much fructose may be giving you gastrointestinal problems
- Training during and after pregnancy
- Training and nutrition changes for menopausal women
- One-size doesn't fit all when it comes to hydration. Take Precision Hydration's FREE sweat test and learn how you should hydrate. Use the discount code THATTRIATHLONSHOW for 15% off any products.
- The new online home of shopping the best triathlon products in the world to great prices. Ships worldwide. Brands include Garmin, Stages Power, Café du cycliste, Zipp, Mako, Zone3, Hoka One One to name just a few. Use the discount codeTHATTRIATHLONSHOW to get 10% off.
LINKS AND RESOURCES: